Who We Are...
Click on the small envelope next to a staff member's name to send a message to that staff member. Please see below for information regarding who your student's counselor is.
Mrs. Brace is the counselor for students who have last names starting with the letters A-K.
Ms. Herriott is the counselor for students who have last names starting with the letters L-Z.
Your Cheyenne Mountain Junior High Counselors
A Note From Your AMAZING Counselors
Welcome CMJH Community!
We are very excited to partner with you all in the support of all students at Cheyenne Mountain Junior High. As school counselors, we wear many hats here in the building. It is important to us that our students and families know who we are and how we can assist in each student's academic success.
As school counselors we are here to support students academic, personal and social journeys during their two years at CMJH. Some of the ways we do this is by:
- Ensuring academic planning for every student
- If a student is experiencing academic difficulty, we want to help! We are often heard saying, “We can’t help you with a problem that we don’t know you have.” We encourage students and parents to get in contact with us right away; the earlier know we the better.
- We are not just here to support our academically struggling students- it is our mission to make sure that all students’ academic needs are being met.
- Providing individual student counseling
- Individual academic counseling and planning
- Whether it’s just a bad day, or a student is dealing with more significant mental health issues, we are here to listen, to talk and to support each student.
- Adolescent years can be rough, which is an understatement! Navigating the social aspects of junior high is something that is at the forefront of many of our students’ minds. As they traverse through the minefields, we want to be here to help guide- we have the map!
- Promoting a positive and healthy school wide culture and climate
- The T-BIRD challenge is the foundation for student expectations. At the beginning of each school year, students learn what it means to be a T-BIRD (our school mascot), and are asked to sign the T-BIRD challenge. Below is a copy. We encourage you to look this over and talk about what it means with your child.
TBIRD Challenge: "Do the Right Thing"
- I will act responsibly and respectfully at all times, including before and after school
- I will treat all students with respect and dignity. I will not participate in physical, verbal, or sexual harassment of another student at CMJH.
- I will demonstrate compassion, positive encouragement, and participate in random acts of kindness toward students and all others at CMJH.
- I will serve as an "upstander" by appropriately intervening and/or supporting any person I see being bullied, harassed, or mistreated OR I will report bullying, harassment I see to an adult, or use the anonymous Safe-to-Tell tip-line on the back of my student ID card.
We hope that this gives you all a basic idea of who we are, what we do, and and how best we can support you. Our favorite part of this job, and why we go into this business, is the students. Please come by and get to know us- building strong relationships is what we look forward to. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, by calling the main counseling phone at 719-475-6157 or by the email addresses below.
Amanda Brace: email@example.com (A-K counselor)
Kathryn Herriott: firstname.lastname@example.org (L-Z counselor)
Thank you all so much and we look forward to a great year!
Amanda and Kathryn