Who We Are...
Click on the small envelope next to a staff member's name to send a message to that staff member.
Ms. Proulx works with students with last names beginning A-K
Mrs. Johnson works with students with last names beginning L-Z
Phone: (719) 475-6157
Fax: (719) 475-6123
Second Step classes
All students are participating in our Second Step: Stepping Ahead curriculum. This middle school program is a universal, classroom-based prevention program designed to decrease aggression, bullying, and substance abuse and increase students' social skills and school success. This curriculum is for all students and it provides a foundation for creating a safe, respectful learning environment. Teachers and counselors are teaching this curriculum during Access and PE classes. If you are interested in learning more about the program, please click the links below to see the 7th and 8th grade Scope & Sequence.
Course Description Guide 2012-2013
What We Do...
Working collaboratively with other educators, parents and guardians, and the community we:
- Serve as individual student advocates
- Ensure academic planning for every student
- Support development of skills to increase student success
- Encourage students to acquire self-knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Provide interventions for students experiencing difficulties in life that interfere with academic development
Click HERE to find out more about our Counseling Program!